The government has announced that it is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school head teachers. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
- Fund new sports equipment for both P.E. lessons and lunchtimes. This is to ensure that students attain a higher quality of physical activity per day.
- Fund a coach to run lunch time sessions with KS2. Through this, not only will students have more physical activity per day, but target children will also get additional assistance for key skills.
- To increase participation levels in inter/intra competitive sport and healthy activity of pupils, and maintain this into adolescence.
- School understands and values the benefits of high quality PE and sport, including its use as tool for whole school improvement.
- Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all by having a subscription to PEPlanner.org, which assists the teachers to plan engaging and fun P.E. lessons, even when they are not confident.
- Enable all classes now access 2 hours of high quality PE every week.
- Provide quality assured professional development opportunities for teachers, enabling quality teaching and learning for all children. All NQTs have had CPD through the Inspire Partnership of schools, and have come back to school full of ideas and buzzing about their experiences.
- Swimming lessons for both Year 5 classes for the whole year. This has ensured that not only the statutory number of students are able to swim the minimum amount of length, but also allows for a deepening of confidence for those who can already swim, but need to develop further.